On Monday 22nd May thousands of people from the legal profession will be taking part in the annual ‘London Legal Walk’, a 10km walk through central London. The aim is to raise money for the London Legal Support Trust which funds law centres and pro bono agencies in and around London which provide invaluable assistance to some of the neediest people. iFLG will be taking part and 13 of our colleagues (and a dog) will be walking alongside the many other teams.
The London Legal Walk started in 2005 with 330 walkers and each year has it has gone from strength to strength with 10,000 walkers in 2016 rising approximately £740,000. The organisations that benefit will help:
- Elderly people who need support to stay living independently
- Families living in terrible housing conditions
- People who suffer from a disability or illness and their careers
- People who have been unfairly dismissed or discriminated against at work
- Women and children who have been trafficked to the UK to be domestic or sex slaves
- Men and women who are on much less than the minimum wage
To help raise funds for this vital work please sponsor us on our fundraising page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=IFLG2017&isTeam=true
Madeleine Gordon is the Business Communications Manager for iFLG.
The International Family Law Group LLP
© 16 May 2017