We are delighted to announce that we have been ranked as a leading firm in Children:Cross-Border Disputes in the 2021 edition of Chambers UK.
Children: Cross-Border Disputes
What the team is known for:
- A well-regarded team which provides counsel to clients facing a full range of complex international private and public children law matters. Routinely called upon to provide counsel on relocation, wardship, child abduction, both Hague and non-Hague Convention proceedings, and surrogacy. Clients include parents, guardians and children, and the cases involve allegations of abuse and neglect.
- "I found them to be a wonderful firm," recalls a source.
- "They are quick, obliging, reasonably priced and, most importantly, give strong, balanced, professional advice. This is true of each of the practitioners."
- A source reports that the team "were fantastic and went above and beyond all my expectations."
Is an expert in Hague Convention work. She frequently represents clients in international abduction cases and broader Children Act proceedings that span jurisdictions.
- "Helen is a go-to lawyer in this area; she has an encyclopaedic knowledge of law and practice, not just here but abroad as well. She knows the answers, she has a great knowledge of practice and procedure, and judges love her."
- "She's an intellectual powerhouse and one of the most well-prepared and thorough lawyers I have ever come across. Every case is immaculately presented, she puts you at ease the moment you speak to her and she's excellent with clients. She deals with the most complex international cases."
- "Helen Blackburn was amazing and offered lots of communication - her dedication was truly amazing."
Advises on a wide spectrum of public and private international children matters, including leave to remove and abduction cases. He joined the firm from Dawson Cornwell in October 2020.
- "He's absolutely brilliant. He's clever, works hard and works on the case to an exceptionally high level. I have complete confidence in him."
- "He is a very high-class operator with a superb grasp of detail, tactical sense and efficiency."