There are a lot of myths and misconceptions about international family law issues. Here is our top 10:
- I have to divorce in the country where I was married.
- If my child's other parent refuses to allow me to relocate abroad with the children there is nothing I can do.
- I'm okay, my same sex marriage will be recognised across the world.
- My husband's foreign lawyer is dealing with the divorce and the finances and all I have to do is sign.
- I can buy a child from a third world country.
- The English courts cannot touch my assets abroad.
- It's not Child Abduction if I go back to my home country with our child.
- Marrying a British Citizen guarantees I can live in the UK forever.
- England doesn't recognise polygamy.
- Any lawyer is able to deal with international family law issues.
If you have any international family law queries please contact us by telephone on +44 (0) 203 178 5668 or by email by clicking here.