Ann Thomas speaks on child relocation, an application to take a child permanently abroad. With the many international families in England and across the world, it is now quite frequent for one parent, either at the time of separation or subsequently, to want to take the child to live abroad with them. But permission is often needed. When will it be granted and in what sort of circumstances and how can it be opposed?